Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

Re: Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

by Braux Gabriel -
Number of replies: 1
It was a mild summer day in Normandy. I was lying on a deckchair on my grandparents’ patio, the orange parasol casted a shadow right on my head since I decided to get my legs tanned without having a hot flush. I thought I could never get up since the sunbeams on my skin were making me so chill. The patio was a little square covered with white tiles, surrounded by a three meters elevation gain covered with all sorts of flowers. The ivy flowed from the top of the garden to the bottom where it hit the patio’s wall to fall on the ground. The garden was like a rainbow at this time of the year, crossed by some steps made of train sleepers to access the upper garden. On the other side of the patio, was the wall of my grandparents’ house. This old longhouse made of white stones had seen uncountable numbers of stories since my family established itself in, generations ago.

As I was watching the dogs sniffing the flowers in the garden, I heard the cows mooing from the barn above the house. The roosters decided to accompany them with their songs, and so did the sheep. Eventually, the whole farm started to sing as an orchestra, responding to each other with their own language. Their song was sometimes interrupted by the loud and deep sound of the tractors, going back and forth from the fields to stock some grains during this harvest season. I saw my grandfather heading to the farm leaning on his twisted wooden walking stick, followed by the dogs barking at him as if he was abandoning them. It reminded me that I could go up to the farm to see the cows and bunnies or collect some eggs at the henhouse for my grandmother so she could make some desserts.

Speaking of desserts, I started to smell the soft perfume of sugar, coming out of the window behind me where my grandmother was making some chocolate cream for me and my cousins. Of course, she had already made some this morning, but she never missed an occasion to make even more so we would never be in withdrawal. As I was eating a candy that I discreetly stole in the chicken box that she used to hide them into, I felt a gooey liquid fall on my leg. I immediately smelled the warm and disgusting smell of the dog’s breath. He was standing right next to me, staring right at my candy. Since I was covered with slime mixed with some dirt and the teatime was approaching, I stood up and headed to the kitchen to clean myself and help my grandmother finishing the chocolate creams, leaving the hot patio, and entering inside the house that became dark as a cave after so many hours spent outside.