Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

Re: Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

by Vignot Julie -
Number of replies: 1
I went to this café named Le Théâtre, in Angers, on a Friday evening to see my friend Maria. The place located on the Ralliement’s square is also known as a pub: many people came here to have dinner, and especially this evening. As I’m an habit of this café it has no longer secret for me, so I joined my usual sofa and waited for Guillaume, the bartender. The room, a little bit hidden from the other customers by thick red velvet curtains, looked, as always, really cozy. I remember having though, at this precise moment, how astonishingly the red carpet muffled the sounds of footsteps.
While waiting for Maria, I examined around. I saw a group of tourists sited next to me and surrounded by a mountain of bags. They were consulting a map and their voices was jumbling of foreign languages. I noticed there were particularly loud as I heard them order. They all asked for the same drink: a fresh Pina Colada.
Maybe they were looking for places to visit or staying a day in Angers, waiting for their travel connection.
I guess, a family, sitting just behind me. Indeed, I couldn’t see them but I trusted my imagination. Listening to them made me think there were a baby and a child. My sense of smell confirmed that my assumption could be true: I remember having detect a slight mix of different smell, including baby diapers, laundry and perhaps some broccoli baby food. Does smelling odours made me, at this moment, strange? I knew my nose was really over-developed, and we were both sitting one next to the other, so I hope not.
Anyway, I thought my friend should arrive from a minute to another. The atmosphere was quiet, calm, very relaxing. Without noticing it, I slowly closed my eyes. Finally the weekend!
Re: Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here. by O'Connor Michael -