Share Your Article

Re: Share Your Article

by Denis-Wurth Melissa -
Number of replies: 0
I visited the Travel and Leisure website (http://www.travelandleisure.com/), which speaks about many topics about travelling, from thematic trip ideas to the best travel products to buy by way of tips for planning with some lists about the best hotels, cities, or islands. Some articles talk about the best things to do in a country or a city, such as how to have the perfect day in Lisbon, according to a local, whereas others talk about what you must avoid, like 10 mistakes to avoid on your trip to New Zealand, according to a local. As you might have understood, most articles about travel tips and vacation ideas are based on the opinion of a local person who knows his country or city very well, even better than tourists.
The article I have chosen is a travel tip named Why I Always Visit Local Supermarkets When I Travel (https://www.travelandleisure.com/travel-tips/why-i-always-visit-supermarkets-when-traveling). In this article, the author talks about her travel to Paris and her discovery in a grocery about Lay’s Poulet Rôti chips in a supermarket (illustrated by pictures of French grocery and chips shelves, I’m sure you know well). She also tells how much you can discover a country and a culture in a supermarket by seeing what people buy and the products and packaging differences here and where you come from. I chose this article because it reminded me of my travel in South Korea, where I used to walk in every single aisle when I went shopping to learn more about the culture and life in South Korea. As the author speaks about Lay’s Poulet Rôti chips, I could speak about the Butter and Honey chips (which are really good, by the way), but the most important thing I understood about South Korea is why Korean people eat more in restaurants than at home. First, most of the food (vegetables, fruits, meat, etc.) is sold in large quantities, which is inconvenient for someone living alone, and secondly, buying food in a smaller quantity and cooking it yourself is more expensive for Korean people than eating in a restaurant. It only gets cheaper for Korean people when you live with your family and eat with a lot of people. In a certain way, it reminds us how sharing is an important value in South Korea.