Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

Re: Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

by Lesieur Celine -
Number of replies: 0
Being from the countryside, as soon as I entered middle school and was totally free to go around the village and the towns next to it, I would spend my summer going on walks on the paths surrounding the village. When going on walks near my parents’ land, I would go uphill for around half a kilometre, surrounded by fields, on one side and an embankment filled with brambles and a few trees. While walking, I could feel the sunbeams warming me up and making me thirsty, especially with the lack of wind to cool me back down. I could also smell the crops surrounding me; sometimes it would be rapeseed, a couple of hundred meters further, it would be hemp, and sometimes wheat. 

Once I reached the top of the small hill, by walking around a kilometre to the left, I could see the city of Auxerre, a dozen kilometres further down. The different parts of the city, with the original city centre with the cathedral in the middle of it, and the two other churches close to it. A bit further from the centre in my direction is the residential area on the right bank of Yonne, making me reminisce about the days I went to primary school in this neighbourhood. On the other side of the river, the more dynamic side of the city, the most noticeable buildings are the blocks of council flats. On the outskirts of the city, on my right, all the industrial, and commercial buildings sit right next to each other. After taking in this view for about ten minutes, while basking in the sun, I would resume my walk and finish my loop before coming back home.