Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

Re: Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

by Daniel Marine -
Number of replies: 1

We are the first day of October’s holidays, and I hurried to catch the train to go to my grandparent’s house, in the Finistère. This location is my safe place, they live so close to the sea that you can’t imagine it. When I arrived, the meal is already prepared, and I have just to get my feet under the table. I can smell the delicious aroma of my cousins' and my favorite dish, grandpa’s monkfish in tomato sauce. That’s how holidays start.

Then, we eat a riz au lait, my grandmother's specialty, the perfect way to end the meal. After eating, I tell my cousins we have to hurry because we're going to miss the sunset. When we arrived, we stop, and we contemplate the most splendid sunset we’ve ever seen. The sky is completely pink and orange, with enormous clouds reflecting in the sea, with a specific light, that you only admire during this type of sunset.  At the same time, we feel the wind and the iodized air caressing our faces. We feel alone in the world, because at this time of year all the tourists are gone, and we finally feel at home. As always, we go down to the beach, as close to the sea as possible and we take pictures until the sun disappears.