Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

Re: Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

by Merceron Zoe -
Number of replies: 1
Passing by the Doutre and its medieval legacy, I crossed the Maine throughout the new pedestrian bridge “Art et métier”. This modern bridge was completely in contrast with the neighborhood as well as the tramway rails. I was lost in my thoughts, walking along the bridge, and listening to the flow of the Maine. Suddenly, a familiar sound rang out from the tramway signaling its arrival. I was back in the real world, we only met for 5 minutes and that’s it, without any time to check in with my friend. It will be a tough part, saying goodbye to my friend until meet again in few months, or even few years. Yet, it was not the first time I said goodbye.

The end of the bridge was getting closer, but I couldn’t glimpse my friend. A group of pedestrians were laughing with deep voices. An elderly couple was taking a walk, observing every detail while remaining silent. The happiness of life was surrounding me and yet, I was quite disconnected from this scene. I could only smell a cigarette smoked by a young woman who seemed pressed by the time. I sat on the wet bench from the recent rains and continued to observe. The sky was particularly blue for a January day. The sun’s rays were crossing the faces and reflecting on the Maine. There was a slight breeze although we were supposed to have this freezing wind beating our cheeks. There was no doubt, it was a beautiful day. It was at this moment that I eventually perceived my friend, smiling at me, and rushing towards me. The time had come to say farewell.