Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

Re: Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

by Denis-Wurth Melissa -
Number of replies: 1
Here I was, in a fresh early morning of July, sitting on the old outdoor theater made of stone. It was around 7:45 am, 15 minutes after I’ve left my friends peacefully asleep in our dormitory. Everything around me was so calm, so quiet. I could only hear the river flowing next to me, the trees’ leaves swishing with the wind and, times to times, some birds chirping in those trees. I could smell fresh air with the grass wet by the dew.

I took a few minutes to close my eyes, to listen, smell and appreciate nature all around me. I never have been used to be surrounded by nature but, at this moment, I completely understood why people want to live in a rural town, close to nature. Me, a little city girl, going to a summer camp lost in the countryside, where all children were excited when we got a single network bar on our phones.

When I opened my eyes, I felt calmed. I grabbed my book and started to read. It was my moment, when I could be alone and enjoy silence before another intense day with around a hundred children from 5 to 17 or 18 years old. While I was reading, comfortably leaning back against the outdoor theater, a butterfly landed on my page. I admired it until it flew away. A few times later, I heard some noise from the canteen on the other side of the river. The first children came to eat their breakfast. I looked at my watch, it was already 8:30! I had to leave this little paradise on earth to catch up my friends. Another day began.