Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

Re: Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

by Morio Margaux -
Number of replies: 1
When I arrived at Angers St Laud train station, I get off the train and I walked to the concourse. The light from the hall dazzled me as I came out the underground tunnel. It is a big luminous crowded building with glass walls everywhere, green plants hanging from the ceiling, small station shops all around, seats for waiting passengers with an old piano in the center. People who were not seated were walking quickly heading either towards the platforms or outside the station. Others seemed lost looking up at the screens standing up. I could hear the sliding glass doors opening and closing. The clicking of the heels of the passengers on the tiles resonated just like the sound of rolling suitcases. The station concourse was noisy and the sound of the piano, sometimes melodious sometimes horrible, was mixed with the voices. Behind this racket I could make out the sound of the trains braking and the trams arriving and ringing. A slight smell of bakery and sandwiches floated in the air as I made my way trough the crowd.