Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

Re: Practice Task 2 : Layering (Post your Replies Here)

by Vignot Julie -
Number of replies: 1
After six hours of driving non-stop, completely tired and exhausted of the continuous noise of the cars, I finally stopped at a highway area, named La Halte. I drived up to a weird-looking building, probably made out of mud and bio composite. The smell of it was quite unusual, especially so close of the highway.

Indeed, I remember sensing vegetal and floral touches but the atmosphere was also particularly wet, as if I just landed on an isolated jungle. Not only the smell but also the appearance of this area transported me. It seemed so real that I could even except to see some wild animals arise from behind the edifice. There were nobody but me in this place, the sun was slowly setting down after a hot summer day and the calm was surrounding the place. No other building too, only this little hut acting as toilet. So much quietude, I couldn’t have hoped for better.

After resting for several minutes, perhaps an hour, I finally decided to raise the sails. I had to go home, so I came back to the car, not without feeling a bit sad because I wanted this moment to last forever.

Resting on this highway area was probably the most pleasant moment I spend during those days, at it made me realise I needed a break on my life. La Halte, what a coincidence!