Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

Re: Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

by Manet Celia -
Number of replies: 0
What better place to be on a sunny Saturday afternoon than to being in a park lying on a bench.

The sun shines and warms my skin, a sensation forgotten since last summer. The laughter of a group of children chasing pigeons, the rhythmic thud of a basketball on the asphalt and the singing of birds overlook the dull calm of nature. An elderly couple walks hand in hand along the flower surrounded path, their conversation a soft whisper against the noisy background.

Huge sunflowers near the entrance to the park have their golden faces turned towards the sun. The flower beds sport every shade of red and pink imaginable, their petals and sweet scent attracting bumblebees and bees. I can see an old house with ivy wrapped around it. I wonder if it is inhabited because they must have a nice view of the park.
Under it I can see a young women lost in the pages of an old book. Her brow furrows in concentration, then relaxes into a smile as she turns a page. I imagine she is in a middle of a tormented moment in the book. She raise her head when a jogger walks right past her almost brushing against her.

Here amidst the beauty of nature, the city pauses for breath.