Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

Re: Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

by Sarradin Sibyle -
Number of replies: 1
Friday evening, 9 p.m., Rennes station. Standing in front of the notice board indicating the departure times of the next trains, I wait for the platform number of the next train to Brest to appear. So I’m here, with my backpack for the weekend, surrounding by a crowd, filled with strangers. And my favourite game is to imagine the life of all these different people.

On the left, there are a woman with 2 children, her children I suppose. They are running towards the platform with the train to Paris, the kids are really excited, both wearing a Spiderman cap, they are laugh very hard. They might go to Disneyland for the weekend! Or maybe their parents are divorced, and they are going to spend the weekend at their father's house, but I prefer the first version. Hearing the children's cries, a man, a little further away, rolls his eyes after giving them a dark look. According to his way of dressing, with suit tie, leather briefcase, cigarette in hand, I suppose he come back home after a really hard way of working in a big company. I’m pretty he doesn’t have children. By observing the 2 Spiderman kids, the working man doesn’t realise that a young girl, looking at her phone, rushes straight at him. The collision is quite violent, which annoys the man even more. The girl doesn’t even care, and she continues her journey, which leads her towards an old lady, her grandmother I suppose, who was waiting for her further away. All these crowd movements are accompanied by a constant hubbub, the sound of rolling suitcases, the sound of footsteps, the sighs of people who have missed their train, and... Oh ! My train has just been announced on the sign, I have to quickly go to the platform if I don't want to miss my train too. no problem, I could meet all these people again on my way back to Angers.
Re: Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here. by O'Connor Michael -