Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

Re: Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

by Kuharic Oceane -
Number of replies: 1
Comfortably seated in an old armchair in the most famous tearoom in the area, I sipped a chai latte while observing my surroundings. On the other side of the café's painted window, the street was crowded with pedestrians. On this cold afternoon in the Alps, we can clearly hear this woman's boots, in a long blue coat, on the paving stones. A curious couple stop in front of the tearoom window to see if there's a seat for them. The woman puts her hands in her pockets to keep them warm and wears a disappointed expression, before turning to the man with her and resolving to leave. The weather is particularly cloudy today and it doesn't seem to be doing any favors to those who dare to venture out of their homes. The sweet smell of a new batch of cookies, carefully placed behind the pastry case, distracts my attention from the counter. A child has smelled these new treats too and comes to take a closer look at these delights, dragging his mom by the hand across the living room. This scene seems to amuse the owner of the establishment, who gives a jovial laugh. His broad, reassuring smile can be seen behind his huge red beard. This laughter was quickly absorbed by the chatter and clinking of cups in the tearoom, which was full at this time of day. I understand every time I go there, why this tearoom is so popular. Its bright, colorful atmosphere can easily warm up a cold winter's afternoon.
Re: Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here. by O'Connor Michael -