Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

Re: Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here.

by Comairas Lilou -
Number of replies: 1
As usual Etienne Coffee & Shop was crowded, but for once there was still some tables free. People of every age had come to spend some time together and find some warmth during this gloomy day. It was really noisy with the constant buzz of conversation all around us but, as we were choosing what to order, I already started to get used to it. While waiting, I took the time to observe and hear other things. The soft lighting added to the sweet smell of chocolate and, of course, a soft scent of coffee made a cozy atmosphere. However, the ambiance was quite dynamic with the waiters almost flying from table to table, keeping an eye for dishes to clear, people to serve... I could hear them asking their typical questions. On the customer side, it was quite entertaining as well. People contemplating all the menu options or, on the contrary, being regulars and already knowing what to order, people eager to eat and watching for their orders at the counter. At the back of the room, the drinks were cooling on the table while these two friends, or maybe lovers, were in a passionate conversation. On another one, what seemed like a workaholic man never stopped typing. Beside me, I could hear these elderly women criticizing their colleagues and on the other side the music of the Instagram videos of these two teenagers. Finally, at the door, the queue growing with envious people eager to sit and enjoy this moment in their own way.
Re: Practice Task 1 : Post your replies here. by O'Connor Michael -